Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Woodstock teen counting down days until fight

A Woodstock teen is counting down the days remaining until a big event this weekend.
Jake Cunningham

Jake Cunningham is preparing to face Zach Smith in a junior amateur fight on Saturday, February 25th. The event will be held at the Old Cosmo on Main Street in Moncton.

Cunningham, age 16, is a grade eleven student at Woodstock High School.

Cunningham's fight will consist of three rounds. Each round will be three minutes in length.

The MMA event, which is operated by Canadian Cage Rage, is titled "Brawl at the Bar." The doors will open at 6 pm on Saturday night, and the event begins at 7:30 pm.

Cunningham will have many friends and family members on hand at the fight to cheer him on. He expressed gratitude in the endless amount of support he has received leading up to the big night.

"[The] support is great!" Cunningham told The Shiretown Blogger. "Everyone is really confident in me and I love how they support me, even if they can't attend."

Cunningham is also looking forward to the fight.

"I'm excited. Its a whole new mindset, and an amazing one.[Its almost like] tunnel vision. All I can do is focus and be confident, which is what I plan to do."

"I am looking forward to the experience. I'm sure it'll be unreal."

No comments:

Post a Comment