Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Shiretown Blogger reads agelessNB magazine

The first two issues of agelessNB
Today, The Shiretown Blogger made a stop at the historic Connell House in Woodstock to look after a couple of things for the Carleton County Historical Society. I noticed the first two issues of agelessNB, a magazine established by Woodstock town councillor and NBCC Woodstock journalism instructor Theresa Blackburn. I hadn't seen a copy of agelessNB yet, so I couldn't resist picking up a copy.

Upon arriving home, I sat down and dug out my newly-purchased copies of agelessNB and read them cover-to-cover. To say that the stories inside were nice would be a classic understatement. I thoroughly enjoyed reading agelessNB.

I cannot help but praise agelessNB publisher Theresa Blackburn, her editor Debbie Lutes, and photographer Derek Croney, just to name a few people. In an era where running a business can be difficult, hats off to Theresa and her staff for taking on the challenge and making it work. You are a true asset to the community.

The first issue of agelessNB featured local entrepreneur and musician John Thompson 
agelessNB's second issue featured New Brunswick Premier David Alward's parents, Rev. Ford and Jean Alward

No comments:

Post a Comment