Friday, August 5, 2011

The Shiretown Blogger Goes to the Fair. August 3, 2011

The Shiretown Blogger paid a visit to the ever-popular Old Home Week fair on August 3rd to take in the rides and exhibit buildings. The only thing that could have improved my visit to the fair would have been better weather. We got rained on a few times and a few people I talked to said that they closed rides like the Zipper while they were in the lineup, and even while they were on the ride, which they recalled as a freaky experience. I even talked to a couple of individuals who recalled the fair during their childhood as "much bigger than what it is now."
My favorite ride has always been the ferris wheel. I attempted to get on the ride a couple of times but it was closed while the ride operators wiped it out with towels after the first big rain. Once I got on, it was a million-dollar view as always, but could have been better if the sun had've been shining.





There was even a couple making out and kissing at the top of the ferris wheel while I was taking pictures. I should have got a picture of that, but sorry I didn't. I apologize for not taking any pictures of more of the rides and attractions. If you have any pictures you would like to share with us, please email us at anathandelong@gmail.com .
I saw many people at the fair that I knew and hadn't talked to in a while, but if I saw you and didn't speak to you, my apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment